Tanzania is home to some of Africa's most well-known national parks and natural wonders, including the majestic Mount Kilimanjaro. Mount Kilimanjaro is Africa's highest mountain and the most recognizable picture of Tanzania. Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro can be done at any time of year. The mountain rises from pasture on the lower level to rainforest and alpine meadow on the upper level, and then to desolate lunar terrain at the tops.
If you decide to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro, then you must have to make a complete preparation before your trip. Climbing Kilimanjaro is not just a game. Although it’s a fun-filled adventurous experience, if you would carefully follow the trek guide, then your journey will be successful.
Here is the blog where everything mentioned about Kilimanjaro Travel Guide. Just take a thorough look at the below articles.
Some Interesting Facts on Mount Kilimanjaro:
- It Is the tallest freestanding mountain in the world
- First, ever-climbing was in 1889
- It consists of three volcanic cones
- The most recent volcanic activity was 200 years ago
- 5 unique kinds of the ecosystem can be found on Kilimanjaro
- You don’t need to be a professional mountain climber to climb it
- The mountain’s snow-cap has been lost more than 80 %
- Drastic weather change from crest to peak
- The snow-cap may vanish by the coming 20 years due to global warming
- You can play the game on the top of Kilimanjaro
- The most popular Marangu route has the lowest success rate
- Africa’s tallest indigenous tree lives on Kilimanjaro
- About 35,000 people are consistently trying to climb Kilimanjaro, 66% of them are always overwhelming
For hikers, Kilimanjaro Climbing is very popular to lift, if it is risky to attempt. As with any outdoor travel sport, there are positive risk elements for mountain riding at a height of 19,341 feet. You should not be prevented from reserving the Best Time To Trek Kilimanjaro visit, however.
A Real Safety Practices with Kilimanjaro Guide:
- Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Guide Unit 1st Responder accredited geographical area (WFR).
- A European-based high-altitude medical coaching company will develop training and safety standards.
- Double-day health tests using the pulse metering system and medical devices per unit area and gas saturation for a live pulse, temperature, and force.
- Guides are a Garmin machine in Reach and have a satellite communications system for real-time tracking and connectivity.
- ALTOX Personal gas systems, which reduce the likelihood of hypoxia, a rental area.
- All ascend emergency gas to fight severe hypoxia events.
- Carrying transportable straps to rescue WHO climbers who cannot operate on their own.
- Have tender kits to deal with minor injuries such as blisters, cuts, and abrasions.
- Initiate mountain top evacuation of egg beaters to search and rescue harmful or diseased climbers
Which Is The Best Kilimanjaro Routes?
Each of the seven Kilimanjaro Routes has its own advantages and disadvantages, such as cost, variety, and success rate for the summit. But did you know more than one Uhuru Peak path exists? Although the top day is for most trekkers, it is important to pick the best route to visit the numerous other memorable highlights along the way.
Kilimanjaro Mountain Routes Description:
- Marangu Route:
One of the cheapest routes to complete is the Marangu Route. The overall success rate of 65% can be substantially reduced by skipping an extra acclimation day.
- Lemosho Route:
The Lemosho Route has a very decent rate of completion, with great chances to hit the summit if you take some time. With 8 days at the mountain, you are as likely to hit the top as 90%.
- Rongai Route:
Rongai Route is a tough path because it doesn't give the same high altitude. A seven-day hike sometimes sees 85% progress and a six-day hike is significantly lower at 65%.
- Machame Route:
A seven-day walk is always more effective at about 90%. Generally speaking, a 6-day increase indicates a 70 percent less progress rate.
- Shira Plateau Route:
Shira has an excellent success rate. It is very similar to the Lemosho route, and the success rate of reaching the summit is 90%.
- Umbwe Route:
As the toughest and most challenging trek on Kilimanjaro Mountain, Umbwe is far less successful than the other trails. The rate of success is 75%.
- Northern Circuit Route:
This track runs directly to the tip of a straight line from southeast towards Mount Kilimanjaro. The Northern Circuits are the longest and newer of seven roads in Kilimanjaro. The high-flow volume, incredible views, and convenient pace of the summit make it the highest success rate for Kilimanjaro. The rate of success is 95%, more than the other 6 routes.
What’s A Reasonable Kilimanjaro Climb Price?
It's difficult to answer which route is "best" for Kilimanjaro as people want different things out of the Kilimanjaro. That makes it possible to decide which way to go quite personally.
Lowest-cost Kilimanjaro Climbing Packages begin at $2000 and above. Those bundles range up to 4000$ or even 7000$, ranging from medium-size Kilimanjaro Climbing Packages. The minimum apartment price of the Kilimanjaro Climb is $2000 - $4000 for each tour operator.
At Kilele Climb, we have been helping climbers successfully for over 15 years. We have helped numerous Groups, Solo Travellers, and Honeymooners to fulfil their adventurous dreams. We are the real experts in Tanzania and plan good safaris and tours on Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and refreshing beaches in Zanzibar's gorgeous islands. For more information, please connect with us at kileleclimb.com